It is believed that gambling is purely male entertainment, while professional female gamblers are rare. However, in reality, there are only slightly more men among the punters than women. According to research in the field of psychology, gambling is an option for a good time for many modern women. In America, in New Jersey, psychologists have been researching gamblers for 10 years and found out some interesting facts.
How gender affects gambling success
Among gamblers, women are only slightly less than men. In Fast Pay Casino (an overview of the club can be seen here — https://bestnetentcasino.info/en-au/casinos/fastpay-casino), for example, the main site displays information about the winners. But at the same time, punters belonging to the fairer sex often play more successfully than men. This can be due to various factors.
Many women work more carefully on the tactics of their game, thanks to which they are able to win more. In addition, women are more likely to use the function of limiting the time of the game. Thanks to this feature, the gaming site does not allow the gambler to play longer than planned. Men are more likely to overestimate their self-control abilities. And yet, many women ignore the opportunity to use the time limit, and among male gamblers there are often those who do not consider it superfluous to insure themselves and limit the time of the game. Tips from other players can be found on the forum — https://www.gamblingforums.com/.
Statistics of the gaming activity of New Jersey gamblers
At the start of the study, 79,000 people were registered. Scientists who have researched gambling enthusiasts have found out the following interesting facts:
- Most gamblers are between 25 and 34 years old, 11% of punters are 55-64 years old, and those over 65 are less than 1%.
- In one day, a gambler makes 440 bets, while bets are placed on different sites and in different real money pokies australia and other countries.
- The function of limitation (limitation on deposits and duration of the game) is used by every seventh punter.
- Every tenth gambler visits online casinos almost daily.
- Of the total number of gamblers, women make up 45%.
The online gambling industry is gaining momentum. The stereotype that only men gamble is not supported by statistics.